Welcome to the Church of the Holy Saviour.
The People of the Church of the Holy Saviour are called by God;
To work together as a servant community. We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Following the words of Christ and His actions, we joyfully bear witness; In the world to the transforming power of God’s love.
What We Believe
Mission Statement of the Anglican Church of Canada
As a partner in the worldwide Anglican Communion and in the universal Church, we proclaim and celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ in worship and action.
We value our heritage of biblical faith, reason, liturgy, tradition, bishops and synods, and the rich variety of our life in community.
We acknowledge that God is calling us to greater diversity of membership, wider participation in ministry and leadership, better stewardship in God’s creation and a stronger resolve in challenging attitudes and structures that cause injustice.
Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to respond to this call in love and service and so more fully live the life of Christ.
The Anglican Church of Canada does not define its doctrine in a single confession. Our beliefs are articulated in our liturgies, as well as in these selected statements:
- Anglican tradition affirms three historic creeds: the Apostles’ Creed, the The Nicene Creed, and the The Athanasian Creed.
- The Solemn Declaration of 1893 united the Anglican Church of Canada as a national church and defined its relationship to the worldwide Anglican Communion.
- The Lambeth Quadrilateral defined the commonalities of churches in the Anglican Communion and has also served as a basis for ecumenical discussion.
- 39 Articles of Religion were a foundational document for the Church of England during the Reformation.
- Current work at General Synod is shaped by the Five Marks of Mission, used widely throughout the Anglican Communion.